domingo, 10 de julio de 2011

Everything's Fine...Shall I Try an Update?

While several of my colleagues and students are having a great time fighting viruses and malware or trying to get their mainstream, highly-reputed systems to work again, both my mutant penta-boot netbook and my grotesque hepta-boot desktop have been working fine. Thus, more out of boredom than for any other reason, I decided to check for and install their corresponding updates. Since it had been a few months since my last update, I thought things could get complicated and thus I could join my colleagues' frustration...let's see:

A- My penta-boot netbook:

1. Mepis 8.0 (main OS): it is up to date.
2. Mepis 11: 17 packages needed to be updated...nothing bad happened after the update.
3. Mandriva One 2010 Spring: 5 packages needed to be updated...no issues after installing them.
4. Pardus 2010: Up to date.
5. Windows XP: I don't boot it anymore, so no need to update it.

B- My hepta-boot desktop:

1. Mepis 8.0 (main OS): it is up to date.
2. Mepis 11: 17 packages needed to be updated...everything went smoothly with the updates.
3. Mandriva One 2010 Spring: 5 packages needed to be updated...no problems after the installation.
4. Pardus 2010: Up to date.
5. AntiX m11: Up to date.
6. MiniNo: Up to date.
7. Windows XP: Same as with my netbook.

OK, no luck! My multi-headed computers are updated and running normally...hehe! That didn't help me with my boredom but it's much better to be bored this way!

4 comentarios:

  1. seems like you were bored indeed haha! why not try out xfce in one of your boots? I have been trying to get my Xubuntu to load compiz at startup with a script but still no luck... >|P

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yeah, to kill some boredom, I removed firefox 4 and installed firefox 5 in Mandriva 2010.2 expecting something to break...so far, nothing! Actually, my web browsing is faster now :-( Darn!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Try updating Windows XP. That will provide you with a whole lot of fun! ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. @ Vanargand,
    I'd like to have both a xfce and an E-17 distro, but that will be for the future.

    @ Mechatotoro,
    Yeah, that could keep me busy for a while. :P

    ResponderEliminar