domingo, 27 de julio de 2014

PicarOS Diego Revision C Is out!

After my successful upgrade from GalPon Minino Artabros 2.0 to 2.1 RC, I downloaded the new version of PicarOS Diego, revision C.

After using dd to make a bootable USB, the first thing I noticed when booting Diego was a new GRUB 2 screen.  Unlike the previous one, this one shows Diego's face.  Too bad its colors are too dark for a children-oriented distro, but I take it the idea is that children won't get to see it too often (or ever!)

Soon enough, I was greeted by PicarOS desktop.  I did notice a few extra icons there, and a new feature added with the purpose of making computing more fun to children: the little oneko that appears on your desktop and chases your pointer while the computer is thinking.  This little cat also morphs into a dog, a little girl, and even Tux! It will surely keep children thrilled!

So far, those are the most evident changes I've noticed.  I have to keep testing version C to see what else is new.  I'm glad to see the positive development of MiniNo and PicarOS!

1 comentario:

  1. Too bad I don't get the compiz effects on my laptop. But we need to try it on Eimi's desktop!

    ResponderEliminar