This week has been full of surprises. The new semester has started and with that, much of what used to be paperwork is becoming digital files. When I entered the platform to obtain the lists of my students in the courses I'm currently teaching, I realized that it now had two options to download such lists: "as a pdf file" or "as a spreadsheet."
Since I didn't want to have anything to do with .xslx, I went for the pdf.
But later, when I told Mechatotoro about it, he entered the platform and gave "spreadsheet" a try.
"I love these people!," I heard him say.
Instead of a .xslx file, the guys who added the feature did honor the university's migration to free software and made .ods available for download!
And just a few minutes ago, my editor sent me an e-mail. Actually, the mail was directed to all the authors who work with her, and she wanted us to check the list of the available books and their corresponding prices to rule out any mistake.
I must say that I almost fell off my chair when I saw the attached document: another .ods file!
Yes! I literally heard a choir of angels singing. I am still hearing them! ^__^