miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2019

Translate Shell! What a Marvel!

I just stumbled upon this useful article about Translate Shell.  What is Translate Shell?  It is a very impressive CLI software that translates whatever you type in your terminal.

Installing it was very easy.  The article guides you through the process and, if I could finish it successfully, I guess anybody else can.

After the installation, I started having fun with the program.  I typed phrases in Japanese slang, both in Roman alphabet and in Japanese writing and the translation went very well: "This is truly great".

However, the phrase in formal and somewhat archaic Japanese "I am a cat" returned "I am a smiling cat."

Then, I tried English and Thai, which went fine.  Also, I entered a fun sentence in Indonesian: "Excuse me, miss. You have a duck on your head."  The translation was fine, too!

This will be a very useful addition to my systems!



2 comentarios:

  1. This shell looks like fun. Unfortunately, I could not install it in PCLOS, but that pointed me to Crow. Thanks!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well, it's good you could get Crow.

    ResponderEliminar