viernes, 31 de enero de 2014

Coming Soon: MX-14 (Now at Beta 2)

The MEPIS and antiX communities are excited and busy.  The reason?  Both are working on a new, interesting project:  MX-14.

                    What is MX-14?  

According to its Web page, MX-14 is a special version of antiX developed in full collaboration with the Mepis Community and using the best tools and talents from each distro. It is a midweight OS designed to combine an elegant and efficient desktop with simple configuration, high stability, solid performance and medium-sized footprint.

What does it look like?  Since an image is worth a thousand words, please watch this fine video made by Dolphin_Oracle, member of the communities:


I myself have the first beta installed on my Toshiba NB-100.  It is very stable and fast.  I have the second beta installed on my desktop, too.  I must say that I like both, even if they are not finished versions.  Xfce is a fast and friendly desktop environment.

However, if I were to name what I like best of MX, I'd have to say that it is what it represents.  It represents that communities can get together and create joint efforts.  It also represents the fact that Linux is open to whoever wants to help.  Not all those behind MX are computer gurus, you know?  :P

Would you like to know more about MX?  Would you like to try it?

Please visit the MX page now!

2 comentarios:

  1. The distribution itself looks cool. I would consider changing the name though: it sounds too close to MS-13, which is a violent drug gang from Mexico that operates in the US as well.
    --
    a Linux Mint user since 2009 May 1

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Now that you mention it, the name has created a lot of debate. However, the devs finally settled for MX and I doubt they'll change their minds. It seems they like MX no matter what.

      Eliminar