viernes, 19 de noviembre de 2010

Where are Mepis 9 and 10??

Mepis 11 Alpha 2 will be ready for download pretty soon. I'll try to download it and test it ASAP.

By the way, several people have wondered if they missed two releases because Mepis suddenly jumps from 8.5 to 11.

So, where are Mepis 9 and 10??

People interested in downloading them will have to go to the Twilight Zone because those releases simply don't exist. Mepis nomenclature seems to be based on the year of release (sort of).

I personally don't find that disturbing. After all, I'm more concerned over this distro's stability and usability, which hasn't let me down. I'm not even concerned about eye candy or innovation. Some fellows, however, are apparently facing an existential crisis because of the missing numbers.

Should Mepis change its nomenclature to avoid such problems? I don't know!

There was a nice thread about that on the Mepis forum, hehe!

1 comentario:

  1. You can find Mepis 9 and 10 in the same place where Mandriva 2011.1 will be.

    ResponderEliminar