sábado, 26 de julio de 2014

Upgrading My MiniNo Ártabros 2.0 to 2.1 RC!

It was great to know that GalPon MiniNo, one of my favorite lightweight distros (I'm not sure if I should call MiniNo lightweight, but it is designed to run on old computers) made a RC available for download.

What's new?  Maybe among the changes, the new version comes with LibreOffice 4.2.1.5 (I had 4.0 installed).  Also, now MiniNo uses 57 MB of RAM instead of the 74 MB it used in the past.

Still, something that caught my eye was that the developers also made available a script to upgrade from version 2.0.  My Artabros is performing the upgrade right now while I type this.

According to the devs, the script won't mess with my system because it works with «-o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold"».

I have to say that it was fun to see the script's countdown on MiniNo's console:

Hope everything goes well.

By the way, I noticed that there's also a new revision of PicarOS Diego!
Gotta download it!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario