miércoles, 15 de junio de 2016

News about Pisi Linux

Being a fan of former Pardus Linux (the new Debian-based version has somehow let me down lately), I cannot help following Pisi Linux, which keeps the PiSi packages and other exclusive tools that Pardus abandoned.

Even if Pisi is small and little known, and although I feel it has neglected its international helpers and user base, I am very pleased at the efforts of its few developers.

For example, Pisi 2.0 is said to bring two features that I've always appreciated: a live disk (it was about time!) and an iso image writer to USB.

If I'm not mistaken, the latter will mean one can make a customized iso, although this still needs to be confirmed.  If that is so, both features will mean a big step forward for the Linux kitten!

Of course, Pisi will bring newer packages, including KDE 5 (which is not precisely my cup of tea), and other system improvements.

Here you can check a video of KDE 5 running on Pisi.

1 comentario:

  1. Those tools are always useful! By the way, they put up a new video on G+. I will check to see if it's the same on your link.

    ResponderEliminar