sábado, 2 de febrero de 2019

HP Laptop 15-bw022la: Antix Made It Work!

Previously, I had posted about the loops I had to jump in order to get my new HP laptop 15-bw022la.  Thanks to antiX, I had made it partially functional, but still had problems: it would freeze at random times and I had to use a Wi-Fi adapter because there was not way to make the machine's Wi-fi work.

Well, thanks to Stevo adn BitJam, two great developers at MX Linux and antiX, those problems are gone.  Now I can use the computer normally (although the graphics in some Steam games are weird.  Fortunately, it is not most of them).

What was the solution?  First, upgrading the kernel to 4.20 took care of the freezing. Kernel 4.19 did not work at all.  For the Wi-Fi, downloading the driver and using "make" was the solution.  Also, as it is explained here, this helped me get a better signal:


sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723de.conf <<< "options rtl8723de ant_sel=2"
(or ant_sel=1 if 2 doesn't help).

I also noticed that when plugging the machine to a screen using HDMI would show video, but not audio.  Fortunately, the fix was simple: I just had to change the option in the audio output.

And this way my nightmare with the purple laptop ended happily.  Thanks, antiX!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario