domingo, 18 de julio de 2010

Test how secure your PC is!


Is your computer hidden from hackers?

Is your computer giving away too much information online about you?

Can you tell how safe your firewall is?


You can run a simple test online so that you know the answers to the questions above! The Gibson Research Corporation designed a very handy page called Shields UP! that will help you a lot.

First, you will see this page. Click on PROCEED:



Then, choose any of the options they give you. I recommend you:

File Sharing

Common ports

All service ports


That's it! The chosen test will run and then you will be presented the results as in the following image (these are the actual results for my machine):



Hey! I really like it when they called my machine's security behavior "very cool!"

Also, it feels good to read "All attempts getting any information from your computer FAILED."

Finally, the part of "this is VERY UNCOMMON for a Windows networking-based PC" made me smile (that's why I chose Linux!) and that of "this computer appears to be VERY SECURE" is like music to my ears! I should read it aloud a couple more times! ^__^

Please visit Shields UP here and check your computer, too.

2 comentarios:

  1. Very interesting! So "this is very uncommon for a Windows PC"? I need to try this with the machines at the office...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yes, me too. Hehehe! Did you notice? Linux gives a positive meaning to the word "failed"!

    ResponderEliminar