domingo, 3 de mayo de 2020

Thank You, Free Software! Thank You, Linux!!

With the Covid-19 situation, many educators and students have been sent home and, with little or no training at all, they must keep their academic activities.  I am one of those professors.

While my workload has increased easily three times, I consider myself fortunate because I do not have to face the Windows-related issues that many of my colleagues seem to struggle with.

Also, I can say that the army of tools that Free Software offers has helped me to cope with my working needs. Thus, I want to make a list of all the tools I have been using lately (in no particular order):

1.  LibreOffice
2.  Galculator
3.  Kolourpaint
4.  Gimp
5.  Openshot
6.  Inkscape (and its Sozi extension!)
7.  Firefox
8.  Audacity
9.  Showfoto
10. Kdenlive
11. VLC
12. Openshot
13. Guvcview
14. RecordMyDesktop
15. HandBrake

And I still have many more to explore! Of course, all of them on top of my Linux system.

This list makes me see appreciate the great work of the developers and communities of each one of those great tools. I know that because of the pandemic, our pockets have also been affected but, if you can, please consider making a small donation to any of the projects that have had your back all this time.  :)

1 comentario: